Thursday, July 16, 2015

Penelahpe's watermelon salad on the fly

After catering a business retreat in the mountains we returned with a surviving watermelon.  As I was sharing it out to co workers... I had a flash back to a birthday dinner party and watermelon Salad!!!!!!!
What you need:
10  medium chunks of watermelon---sweet, cold, water me
8 thin slices of red onion
2 table spoon of feta crumbles
2 basil leaves, chiffonade ( roll http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Chiffonade/)
salt and pepper to taste
Drizzle of olive oil
1-2 tables of balsamic reduction 
or 
your favorite balsamic dressing.

You know if you are successful if you taste it and begin to nod your head and say to yourself, " Alright I like this .."  and you go for some more.

If not, play with the amount of cheese to mellow the sweet and the tang of the dish
if you want your taste buds to pop - chop and add red pepper flakes 

Okay make this and share with me -- with a pick on my instagram or twitter @penelahpes



Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment