Monday, July 6, 2015

Penelahpes, brews, and volunteering

Penelahpe's has had great success because of volunteers, who were willing to do their best simply because they believe in me.  And for that I am greatful and pay it forward.

The Giving Kitchen my friend, @shana_was_here put me on to.  She told me their mission I was sold. thegivingkitchen.org/ is an organization to the culinary community who fall in into economic
hardship.  In return for on's time  and energy at various events the return is helping a worthy cause, 
cool people, tasting awesome foods and beverages and wanting to help do more.  


Me and two lovely volunteers at Wild Heaven Brewery a  Giving Kitchen Fundraiser


Featured is Ms. Cullen Boudreax she gave us a crash course in Wild Heaven's beers on tap.
www.wildheavencrafbeers.com

Another organization I Volunteer with
www.atlantabeerfestivals.com
I love beer, what better place to volunteer? Exactly at beer festivals.
This was Atlanta Summer Beerfest at the Masquerade.

The meeting of great people, meeting people you only see on the IG. Shout out to @atlbeerboutique!!!!! Experiencing repeat delicious beers and finding little unique beer treasures is great payment for a few hours of customer service.

This Volunteer opportunity is me and my girlfriends annual commitment The ATLANTA FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL. I make it a point to work two events one with the Chefs of the event and the other in the production kitchen

I met amazing cocktail divas from South Caroline @cocktailbandits and a local blogger @lushworthy_daniell
I worked at the Pig Out event with Honeysuckle Gelato.   Soon to be a mainstay at Ponce City Market.  
The desserts were gone before I could take a picture.  The Eugene, I did not try their awesome rendition of Pho, Vietnamese  soup, but it smelled great. 

 After working two assignments I earned two tickets to the last day of the Food and Wine Festival.  

Need I say more!  
Now you are ready to give of some time with great reward, I encourage you.  The trick to volunteering is choose an organization that sparks an interest in you and be clear(with yourself)  about what you have time to do and go from there.
Well peace ya'll to next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment